Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Faces at the Humane Society of Indianapolis

A couple of weeks ago, I spent some time at the Humane Society of Indianapolis to work on some fresh stock photos for them and spend some time with all the fun and loving pets in need of good homes. The day I stopped by was also the day all the cats that had been quarantined were finally ready to be adopted, so it was a big day for visitors and for the awwwwwwwwwwwwww-inducing kittens you'll see below. =o)

Check it out!


Photobucket
First, though: Some dogs.



Photobucket
Bella (and the one I wanted to take home!).



Photobucket



Photobucket
Miso.



Photobucket




Photobucket
Dorothy — who is currently travel-sized.




Photobucket
King.




Photobucket




Photobucket
I'll be honest: It's a little tricky to open the cat cages AND be able to get decent photos. So even though they all look like they're trapped behind bars, every last one of these cats was ready to come out and play.



Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW





Photobucket
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.





Photobucket





Photobucket



I really wish I could have spent more time hanging out, and really hope to be able to head back again soon! Such a great organization, and such a great cause to volunteer with (if you're interested). Thanks again to the Indy Humane Society for having me out again, and mark your calendars now for the 2010 Mutt Strut on April 25th! (I'll be there!)


Full exposure. On Twitter, @jrvanandel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such beautiful photos! You have a special gift. I feel like I can see right into their souls.

Christine Jeschke
HSI, Director of Shelter Operations

Anonymous said...

These are phenomenal!! Christine read my mind! I was thinking the same thing about their souls while I was viewing them!!

Jill Harms
Manager of Donor Relations

Anonymous said...

What gentle souls they are and you captured tem so beautifully.

Nichole said...

Absolutely breathtaking. Love that picture of Cady (the first one - the older black lab). She's such a sweet sweet girl.

April {April Foster Events} said...

Why did you have to post these!?! My hubby is trying so hard to keep me away from the shelter because I will try to take every one of them home.
This is just a big tease of these adorable, cuddly animals.

Jeremy VanAndel said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!! And I hope I don't cause any marital strain for you, April. =o)